Tesco Streatham in Pictures
The Streatham Regeneration Project is an exciting collaboration between Lambeth Council and Tesco, which brings substantial new benefits to Streatham and the surrounding area. The development is a multi-million pound project and has been sensitively designed to add value to the community, creating a significant number of new jobs, new homes, a Tesco store and a first-class leisure facility.
The ‘Streatham Hub’ development includes:
- 1000 new jobs overall with 300 of those being generated by Tesco.
- A new leisure centre with an ice rink, swimming pool, sports hall, community and dance studios and fitness suites
- 250 new homes, including a mix of private, shared-ownership and socially-rented homes
- A 63,000 sq ft Tesco Superstore
- Parking for up to 540 vehicles
- New bus interchange for Transport for London
- New public space, surrounding the Grade II Listed Streatham United Reformed Church and Children’s Centre.
The work started in August 2011 and both the leisure facility and the store opened on Monday 18 November.